Dube's

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sad...

This is ridiculous. Is it supposed to mean that people flying into Europe or North America are not allowed to speak their mother tongue? After all, I doubt if these ignorant dim wits would ever be able to make out the difference between Hindi, that I speak, from Arabic that I have no knowledge about. Consider this: I am Indian and look Indian. Most Pakistanis also look the same. I speak a foreign langauge - hindi. If the flight is full of Europeans and I am checking my watch regularly, having a normal conversation with my wife, I stand an even chance of being thrown off the plane. Irony is, no one will bother answering or apologizing afterwards. Mutiny as passengers refuse to fly until Asians are removed Passengers refuse to allow holiday jet to take off until two Asian men are thrown off plane By CHRISTOPHER LEAKE and ANDREW CHAPMAN 12:08pm 20th August 2006

British holidaymakers staged an unprecedented mutiny - refusing to allow their flight to take off until two men they feared were terrorists were forcibly removed.

The extraordinary scenes happened after some of the 150 passengers on a Malaga-Manchester flight overheard two men of Asian appearance apparently talking Arabic.

Passengers told cabin crew they feared for their safety and demanded police action. Some stormed off the Monarch Airlines Airbus A320 minutes before it was due to leave the Costa del Sol at 3am. Others waiting for Flight ZB 613 in the departure lounge refused to board it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home